So I’m finally all moved in to my new apartment! It’s pretty exciting to be this close to downtown Madison, WI (a great city if you didn’t already know). I’m definitely feeling a new wave of inspiration and generally more at ease, especially after the hectic holidays. As I was going through the pictures on my thumb drive, I found some of a spinach casserole I made shortly before the year was over, and I can’t believe I completely forgot about it! Not only was this casserole crazy easy to make (like most of the things I choose to make), but I ate practically the whole thing in one night. In fact, I’m sure if I didn’t have to share it I probably would have. Next time I’ll be making a double batch for sure!
I got the recipe from What’s Cooking With Mary, and the original can be found here.
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I used nonfat)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbs flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 3 Tbs cold butter, cut into small cubes (I used unsalted)
- ¼ lb extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1lb frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
- Preheat oven to 350* and combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.