I’m no baker, honestly I probably ruin at least 80% of any thing I try to make with eggs and flour in the oven. I had lost all hope, until I stumbled upon this little gem. It seemed easy enough, just mix a few things together and pop it in the oven with some melted butter on top, what could go wrong? As it turns out, I’ve come across a recipe for amazingly light and fluffy bread even I can’t mess up. This has pretty much become a weekly staple of mine, it’s great to have on hand for snacking or slicing up for toast.
- 3 cups flour, sifted (not packed)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 12 ounce can or bottle of beer
- 1 stick butter, melted (I use about 1/4 stick)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl and using a wire whisk, sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add beer and stir with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour beer bread batter into pan.
- Pour melted butter over the top of the beer bread batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.